Love china

Love china

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tantalizing Trivia

Tonight, my heart is full!! Trivia night @ Lin's Garden was SO much fun!! We had great laughs and great fellowship!! 
We raised another $374 to go into the fund to bring my dear little one home!! So far, we have raised just over $1000!!! This is an amazing start!!!  This weekend I will be paying a $300 application fee and in the coming month or 2, I will also be paying a $3800 program fee.  Every little bit helps!! 

I still have bracelets, necklaces and earrings for sell. These will be returned to ApParent soon if they are not sold, so if you are interested PLEASE get your order in soon!! I would much rather sell these and get money to the families in Haiti than have to send the jewelry back!! 


I am also in the process of setting up some fundraising nights at local restaurants such as Chick-fil-a, Zaxby's and McCallisters. I will be sure to let everyone know when the details on these are finalized!! 

As for the adoption process, things are moving along. I was contacted by the agency this week and they wanted me to write a letter to CCCWA (the part of the Chinese government over orphans) explaining who I was, my background with kiddos with special needs and how I came to know of my little boy. This letter will be read over and edited, probably translated, and then sent over to CCCWA in hopes that I can be matched with my little one earlier than typical. If this happens, then I can request his medical files and information. (This would also mean I could share his name and picture publically!!!) Once I can get his medical files/history and get them translated, I can take them to a doctor/surgeon and hopefully get a letter written in hopes of getting his case medically expedited to get home home sooner rather than later. He definitely needs to have imaging done and hopefully will be a candidate for a reduction cranioplasty to decrease his head size/weight/shape in hopes that this will improve his overall gross motor development - including head/trunk righting, ability to crawl, roll, stand, walk, run, jump, etc. 

I am still diligently working on paperwork and setting up appointments that I need to do in order to get all my paperwork submitted back to the adoption agency. All this paperwork must be completed in order for a homestudy to be able to take place. The home study is where a social worker will come into the home, spend time ensuring that it is safe for a child and interview everyone living in the household. They look at all aspects of life - financial, social, physical, mental, etc. This is a very important thing for the child coming into this home, but can be a very long process. Prayers are that paperwork can be completed quickly and the home study will occur soon, swiftly and correctly. 

Praises:
HUGE shout out to all the people who helped me get ready and set-up tonight's fun event: Kristine Owen, the Hamm's, Erin Morrell ... you guys are the best and I really appreciate everything you do!!

Prayer Requests:
- That the letter to CCCWA requesting early matching with my dear little one is accepted and that we are matched soon so that this process can be expedited.
- That we all remain healthy and happy throughout the rest of this cold/rainy season
- That Sunshine receives his care package soon that has his neck brace in it, that it fits appropriately and he is able to tolerate it to help hold his head up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment