Love china

Love china

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Ride the Roller Coaster

This past week has been a roller coaster ride for sure. 


I worked hard to get all of the paperwork done, notarized, scanned, copied and mailed. A doctor's appointment was scheduled for 2 weeks from now to get all of that taken care of. That should be the last piece needing to be taken care of before they can get the home study scheduled.

I was able to get the letter edited requesting to be matched with Sunshine early. I also learned his Chinese name and exact home orphanage (and city!). It was definitely the highlight of the week! This letter was signed, scanned and the original will be making it's way to NY early this week.

The downhill slide of the rollercoaster ride for this week was filling out the last of the application paperwork and having to include all of my student loan debt - which I didn't think needed to be included. This vastly changes my networth ... and may jeopardize being able to adopt at all .... and I really have no idea what this does to the entire process. I have to wait until Tuesday to find out. Yes, frustrating ... but if it is going to mean that I can no longer proceed, then I will have to switch to a different adoption agency - something I really don't want to do.



On another up-side, I went to volunteer at 99 Balloon's rEcess this afternoon and was talking about the adoption and there just happened to be an adoption information class starting right after rEcess ended at Fellowship, so OF COURSE I took the opportunity to go. I met some great people, including a family who has been desperately waiting to bring their little boy home for multiple years from Africa. He is caught in government bureaucracy ... such craziness and hard waiting for a family that just longs for their child to be home! I also found out about an adoption support group and I can't wait to join!!




Please, please, please share this blog and all other social media sites!!

Add me as a friend on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/shannon.mcivor
Follow on Twitter     https://twitter.com/worthyofmuchlov
Follow on Instagram  https://www.instagram.com/worthyofmuchlove/



Praises:
I am so grateful I was able to meet new people and find an adoption support group. I am also super thankful to the Nashville crew, Matthew and Kasey, for sending just a little over $500!!! Also for a dear family member in West Virginia for a surprise $100.


 Prayer Requests
1. Bureaucracy resolves and the little one in Africa is able to come home.
2. Sunshine is happy and healthy
3. I'm able to continue on with the same adoption agency
4. Funds are received to cover all fees

Current Fundraisers:
Must have at least 11 ordered in the next 2 weeks or the shirts will not be printed and your money will be refunded.

email me at worthyofmuchlove@gmail.com with order
Earrings: $8
Bracelets: $10
Beaded Necklaces: $14
Metal Necklaces: $15
Shipping 2 items or less: $3 (+$1 for each item after that)



No comments:

Post a Comment