Love china

Love china

Saturday, September 3, 2016

From Un-Adoptable to Worthy of Love

The day that I have been waiting for since late December 2015 has finally come ...
I have Sunshine's file in my possession!!! 

This last 9 months has been the craziest roller coaster ride! I am so thankful that his file is finally here!! 

To see his little face in 2 pictures that I had never seen, have all of his information down on paper, see when his last surgery was and the milestones he has met ... It is almost surreal. THIS IS HAPPENING ... THIS. IS. REAL. LIFE. 

I know you guys are probably thinking, "Well, that's great ... But what is the big deal?!?". Trust me, I would be thinking the same thing if I were in your shoes ...

Low Down on the Big Deal:

Sunshine was born with a severe congenital disability - if he had not received care when he got it, it's very likely he would not be living today. 

Due to being so involved, his orphanage did not believe that any family would ever want him. They believed this so much that he didn't even have a file when I first expressed interest in him. (Not to mention it costs money to put together a file ... Which they didn't think was worth spending if no one wanted him). 

Initially, he had NO hope of finding a family ... Without a file, you are "unadoptable".  That word is so finite, so limiting!!

I am so thankful for the people who advocated for him in China!! They were able to convince his orphanage that he WAS worthy, that their time and money WAS worth it ... Because Sunshine has a waiting family!!!

So, what are the next steps? 

My letter of intent to adopt him has already been sent to China. Once they approve this, I will have Prior Authorization (PA) to officially adopt Sunshine. Once PA is received, China will then continue processing my file with his and in a month or so we will be provided with a Letter of Aceptace (LOA) ... 

Once LOA is received, more paperwork will be submitted (along with a copy of the LOA) to US Immigration to officially receive approval to bring Sunshine home!!




Praises: Sunshine's file has been received!!! 

Prayer Requests: That this process continues to move forward smoothly, hitting very few (if any) road bumps. Also, that funding continues to come in via. grants. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment