Love china

Love china

Monday, July 11, 2016

Miracle Monday

Today is one of those days that I pray I don't forget in a very long time. Today was a day that God showed his love to me, for this adoption, through my co-workers, friends, and complete strangers to me.

I spent this past weekend very stressed about how I was going to pay for this next round of fees. I have been trying my hardest to remain optimistic, but this has been very hard! The hardest part for me was knowing that the continuation of the process solely relies on paying the next round of fees ... without it, this entire adoption would be at a standstill.

I was completely blessed, shocked and left completely in awe by those people who love me, love Ari and want this adoption to be completed. A precious co-worker and fellow adoptive mom set up a secret fundraiser without my knowledge. From this past Friday until Sunday she recruited our fellow co-workers, friends, their friends, fellow adoptive moms and the word quickly spread underneath my nose.

In 3 days, they managed to raise over $5000!!! Can you believe that?!! I was kept out of the loop for 3 entire days!! When I got to work this morning I was told to check my facebook - people wanting to know why another adoption page was started. I was confused, because I knew that I had not started a new page .. SO, I got on Facebook and this was the first thing I saw :

I couldn't believe this! Are you kidding me?!! If you don't know how a filling square fundraiser works, you post a blank numbers square and mark off the square as people donate the amount within the square. You can only imagine my shock when this square was already filled! My initial thought was that this had to be a mistake ... somehow the wrong block picture must have been posted! I wasn't until I actually read the above post that it hit me that the fundraiser was already complete.

There are some times, in this process, that you just feel really alone. That you are struggling to stay afloat - under payments, beneath mountains of paperwork, in fear that at any point in time the whole thing could fall apart and you could lose the precious child that you already love so very much. This was a huge reminder that people are on my side, that friends and family really are there and are wanting to support this entire process and most of all that God has got this ... somehow, someway, this is happening!!

I am still completely in shock - it truly has not fully hit me. It wasn't until I got home after work that I was able to read all that had transpired over the weekend. People are AMAZING and I am so incredibly blessed! 

Thank-you , Thank-you everyone who was involved in this secret mission! I now have enough to send all my documents to China and pray to be matched with my son soon!! My 'thank-you' could never be enough, but I pray that you wholeheartedly understand that you have helped bring a child to his forever home!

Praises:
- FUNDRAISING IN SECRET!! I am SO thankful and amazed! 

Prayers:
- That the current t-shirt fundraiser will do well
- That my request for more evidence from US Immigration (Received this afternoon) will be quickly resolved so that immigration will approve my request to bring a child to the states and then my documents can be sent to China.

T-shirts are still available for the next 4 days. They are available in kids (Hanes) and adult (Canvas) sizes.





“The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,and if children, then heirs–heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” Rom. 8:16&17

No comments:

Post a Comment