Love china

Love china

Sunday, January 3, 2016

So Thankful

This weekend was more full of fellowship with friends than any weekend I have had in a very long time! For this I am very grateful!

Since Friday was New Years, I was off and spent the day with a close friend going to Dillards, Tuesday Morning, Hobby Lobby and Home Goods. I can't say that I got many things (although there were many good deals on many things), but my friend found many things for her kiddos ... maybe next year I will be able to get some things for Sunshine. It really was a great day spent with an amazing friend!

Saturday I went to go pick up the crib that was donated to me. The couple who so generously gave it to me could not have been nicer! I will admit, though, I thought I was driving out into the middle of nowhere to get to their house! :) But I am so blessed to have met them, they truly were some of God's people!!

After getting the crib, I went over to my dear former neighbor's house where we began planning for fundraisers for the coming year. As of now, the first fundraiser to bring Sunshine to the States will be Saturday, February 6th. The location is TBD, but it will be a Chinese New Year Dinner and Trivia Night!! I would LOVE for everyone to come out and have fun! I will be sure to update with the exact time and location as soon as I know!!

After meeting with my loving neighbor, I made a drive out to Silome Springs to spend some much needed time with a dear family of a sweet, loving little who I used to treat and sadly passed into Heaven almost a year ago. I was able to eat dinner with them, laugh with them and feel their loving support with this entire adoption process. What is absolutely amazing is that they are related to Julie Gumm, the author of You Can Adopt Without Debt. She was so amazing gracious and gave me a copy of her book, which I am so incredibly grateful!

Today I went to a new church, First Baptist Centerton ... and it was amazing!! I absolutely loved it!! The people there were so warm and inviting and I really cannot wait to dive into everything head first!  Finally finding a home church is one of my big New Year's Resolutions and God has planted the seed of this church being the one when I went for the candlelight service before Christmas. I honestly cannot wait to see how God works in my life this year.

Also, today I spoke to a sweet coworker who is very knowledgeable in the China adoption world. She is in the process speaking to her contact in China who will be able to help me through this process and hopefully get me more information on Sunshine. She has been attempting to make contact for the past 2 weeks, but due to the holidays it has been difficult. Hopefully contact will be made soon.

Praises:
Something I COMPLETELY forgot to mention in the last post - I had my FIRST donation to the Bring Sunshine to the States fund right before Christmas. A sweet couple who also has an internationally adopted child .. they definitely understand the struggle and I am so incredibly thankful for having this supportive community!!


Prayer Requests:
- That my co-worker will be able to reach her contact in China.
- That I will be able to meet so many new people in this new church.
- That Sunshine is happy and healthy, always smiling!


Shop Amazon - Create Personalized Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment