Love china

Love china

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Let the FUNdraising Begin!!

The First of MANY fundraisers has FINALLY started to help bring my precious little one home from China!!! 

I have teamed up with ApParent (http://www.apparentproject.org/) to get their amazing bracelets!

ApParent is an amazing non-profit humanitarian artisan's guild in Haiti that seeks to prevent child-abandonment and relinquishment by creating jobs for parents at risk. 50% of the sale of these bracelets goes back to Haiti to help support these families, preventing the formation of even more orphans and keeping families together. 

These awesome bracelets will be sold for $10 each! 
I can ship them out anywhere in the US for:
 $3 for 1-2
 $4 for 3-4
 $5 for 4-5

Payment can be made by cash, check or PayPal.

If you would like for me to ship 1 (or MORE!!) to you, please email me at worthyofmuchlove@gmail.com with your address.  



So, I'm sure you are all wanting to know what is currently going on with the adoption ... in a single word, nothing. I am still in a holding pattern, waiting for the China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) to decide if they are going to grant me 2 waivers. If they decide they will NOT grant those 2 waivers, then this adoption is completely dead in the water (and will be completely devastating). If they DO decide to grant the 2 waivers needed, I can finally move forward with the application process and then onto the home study. 

The home study is arguably the process that takes the longest ... a social worker comes into your home, assessing if it is safe for a child, many many many many hours interviewing you and others to ensure you will be a fit parent and then it may take several months to write up their report. 

The biggest part of this entire process is the waiting ... waiting for everyone else, waiting for appointments, waiting for decisions ... waiting. God is definitely making me learn increased patience!

The other big "issue" that I am having at the moment is that I cannot seem to be able to find a place to have our first big "event" fundraiser. I really want to have a Chinese New Year Dinner & Trivia Night on Saturday, February 6th ... but I cannot seem to find a location that will allow us to host this event that we can use the facility free of charge. If YOU happen to know a location, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me (worthyofmuchlove@gmail.com).  I would love any and all suggestions!! 

Praises:
- Sunshine has had multiple pictures posted on the foster facility facebook page lately and seems to be doing well! 
- I have obtained 2 neck braces to help him with head support and have contacted the foster facility director - hopefully I will find out soon which one they think will be best so I can ship it his way to help him out! 

Prayer requests:
- That Sunshine continues to know that he is loved - by both those around him and by me, his Mom that he does not yet know
- That a "yes" decision will be swiftly granted by CCCWA 
- That a location for the first event fundraiser will be found
- That all fundraisers will be profitable 


1 comment: