Love china

Love china

Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year, Positive Outlook

Goodbye 2015!!

2015 was full of heartache for me ... 2 little friends, my aunt and a family friend from growing up all left this world to be in Heaven. Deep in my heart I know that they are all in a better place, but sometimes it is still hard.

For my Aunt and Family friend it means: no more cancer, no more treatments, surgery, doctors, chemo, and pain. For my little friends it means that they are able to breath without help, eat without tubes, walk, run, laugh, talk, jump and play and no longer experience pain - and for that I am so incredibly thankful. But oh how my heart aches. The first little friend I lost this year was particularly painful, I still miss her greatly - and God has a calming way of reminding me that things will be ok because the little one that I am trying to adopt has a similar name to hers ...  they have the same meaning -that is NOT coincidence! God is working here!!

Hello 2016!!

I fully expect 2016 to run full with the gamut of emotions. I know that this adoption process with not go as quickly as I will want it to (I already want this kiddo in my arms!).  And, as with anything that is worthwhile, I am also sure that it will have its bumps - so I am already preparing myself.

I am currently working on Fundraiser #1 ... a Chinese New Year Dinner and Trivia Night! I will be sure to post all of the details once they get worked out, but it is guaranteed to be a good time!!

I have told many people this, so feel free to ignore this next paragraph if you have heard this ... but I just cannot explain how I just KNOW that this child is "the one". I have been considering adopting/fostering for 4+ years now ... I have looked at all of the children's pictures in the foster care system that are online in both Arkansas and Tennessee as well as several Chinese orphanages .... but when I came across this particular child's picture I just knew, instantly. Yes, they have multiple needs ... but I cannot explain the connection ... it was an instant attraction. I can only explain it the way a Mother explains the instant love of her baby she just gave birth to (although I have no experience with that whatsoever).

SO ... my BIGGEST goal for 2016: Get this Child Home!!! Whatever it takes!!

Praise of the week:
I was browsing the Yard Sale sites on Facebook looking for furniture to fill a nursery/toddler room and was hoping to find a convertible crib/toddler/headboard type piece. I found several, commented on several pieces and got very few comments back as to if they were still available. I started searching further and got all the way back to one that was posted in June/July. Again, I asked if it was available and the lady who posted it answered almost instantly saying that it was ... I began asking more questions so she sent me a personal message. I told her more of my situation and why I was looking for this piece of furniture. I gave her a little info on me, the adoption of a child with special needs and she proceeded to tell me that she has a soft spot in her heart for those who adopt and especially for those who adopt children with special needs. She then made the most amazingly gracious offer and told me that I could have her crib, that it had been packed away for a bit and she didn't even realize that the 'for sale' post was even still up. It was so amazing and truly a God send!! I hope to go pick it up in 2 days!

Prayer Requests:
- That supplies and activities will quickly and easily come together for the first fundraiser - and that there will be great interest!
- That I will continue to keep a level head about things and not get so wrapped up in all the things that need to occur; remembering that everything will happen in God's time.
- That my little Sunshine remain healthy and happy throughout the beginning of this new year!

1 comment:

  1. Love you so much with your new endeavor. I am excited to hear about the crib. 2016 is starting out with phenomenal news of eventually being an aunt, and with God finally giving you and I the topic of him to bring us closer than we have ever been. I am over joyed with what is about to happen in your life! I love you!- Hillary

    ReplyDelete